Front-End Web Developer, HTML and CSS Specialist, Web Accessibility Practitioner
- HTML, CSS/Sass
- Responsive Web Design
- Web Accessibility, Usability
- Information Architecture, Wireframing
- WordPress, Shopify
- CSS Grid, Flexbox
- Foundation, Bootstrap
- HTML Email – MailChimp, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor
- SVN, Git
- npm, Grunt, CodeKit, Composer
Michael Herring Web
Contract Front-End Web Developer, November 2016 – present
- WordPress, Shopify, and platform-agnostic front-end responsive web design and development
- Web Accessibility consultation
- Performance optimization, hack repair, and custom WordPress theme and plugin development
Front-End Developer, November 2010 – November 2016
Planned and executed semantically-optimized front-end code and markup for the following non-profit groups and educational institutions:
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Cure Violence
- Health Leads
- University of Colorado
- Science Discovery Center
- Connecticut Health Foundation
- Gill Foundation
Contributed to project planning with information architecture work, white-boarding, and wire-framing.
Handled project management tasks by interfacing directly with clients and third-party development partners.
Built custom WordPress themes using an internally-developed WordPress framework.
User Interface Engineer, December 2009 – November 2010
Worked in a JSP environment focused on advanced front-end web development techniques, load-time optimization, and thorough browser compatibility.
Senior Front-End Developer, September 2008 – November 2009
Worked in a Ruby on Rails environment slicing Photoshop comps and building templates with Strict XHTML and CSS.
Provided internal training on Semantic HTML and CSS.
Cedar Rapids, IA
Interface Designer, June 2004 – September 2008
Worked in a .NET environment developing web interfaces, templates, and CSS for large healthcare websites.
BFA in Illustration/Design – 2000, Kansas City Art Institute